Search Engine Optimisation
What is SEO and how can it help your business ?
SEO is the process of optimising your web site for the purpose of getting organic traffic from search engines such as Google, Bing & Yahoo. An optimised website is more easily understood by Search engine crawlers or bots and this increases the chances of ranking higher in SERPS. Having a great design doesn’t necessary mean your website is going to rank better than your competitors as there are many important factors that can effect your position, such as:
Factors that can impact your search engine rank
- Are you able to read content easily on a mobile device (Responsive).
- How long it takes for your website to load (Page Speed).
- Does your website have a secure connection (HTTPS).
- Has your website been coded using the correct semantic elements (HTML5).
- Is your content written correctly using the correct titles and sub-titles (H1>H6 Tags).
- Did you compress your content such as images to improve loading speed. (Compression)
- Have you verified your website with Google Webmaster Tools or Bing Webmaster Tools?
- Does your website have a XML sitemap ?
How much SEO do we implement into our developments ?
If we are developing a custom website for your business we can ensure you that the core framework of your website is compliant to W3 standards and the layout of your content is contained in the correct HTML5 semantic elements which will help search engines understand and digest your content more easily. If you haven’t already written your content we can advise on what should be supplied and in what volume as too little or too much of the wrong content could have a negative effect.
Let us review your website for Free !
If you already have a website that you think could be ranking better why not speak too us today on 01204 235928 ? it will take us around 15 minutes to review and test your website and it wont cost you a penny. If you then would like to us to implement our changes and improvements all we need is your permission in writing and access to your website server.