If your website is powered by Wordpress it is important that the correct security protocols are implemented as a hacked website can expose your customer data, disrupt your online sales and affect your search engine ranking. If your Wordpress website has been hacked please change your server passwords and get in touch with us today.
How can I protect my Wordpress website ?
- Enable Automatic Updates: It is important that your Wordpress plugins and core version is updated to the latest version at all times, to enable this feature please follow these steps. Always remember to backup your website on a regular basis before turning on this feature.
- Enable 2FA (2 Step Verification): It is recommended that 2 Step Verification (2FA) is required for all users who have access to your Wordpress dashboard including editors.
- Loginzer (Plugin): Loginzer is a free plugin which prevents brute force attacks by blocking IP addresses that have failed multiple login attempts. You can download this plugin by clicking here.
- Wordfence (Plugin): If your website has high volumes of traffic it is recommended to use a security plugin such as Wordfence which can offer a wide range of options including a malware scanner, firewall protection and 2FA. Wordfence has both free and professional plans available.
- Cloudflare: For increased protection and total control we recommend Cloudflare, this service routes all traffic through a VPN before it hits your server allowing you to limit requests and restrict specific IPs, browsers and even countries from accessing your website.